MCC-Business & Technology
Lou Tobin, 816.604.5217
Degrees and Certificates Awarded
- A.A.S. Industrial Technology - Stationary Engineering
- A.A.S. Industrial Technology - Stationary Engineering - Critical Facilities
- Stationary Engineering - Level II Certificate
- Stationary Engineering - Critical Facilities Level II Certificate
- Stationary Engineering - HVAC Certificate
Stationary engineers and boiler operators operate and maintain heavy-duty equipment used to generate power, heat, air conditioning and refrigeration in large buildings. "Stationary" means the equipment is permanently fixed. They work in a boiler room, engine room or power plant operating and monitoring diesel engines, boilers, turbines, pumps, generators and compressors.
Our program includes hands-on instruction to prepare you to work in commercial buildings, apartment buildings, hotels, schools, hospitals, office buildings, mines, electric power plants, sewage and water treatment plants and factories.
Our certificate gives you a solid education to enter the workforce in about a year. The degree adds a gen ed background so you can transfer for a bachelor's degree. Both prepare you for a freon certification and a stationary engineer license.