MCC Campus(es): MCC-Penn Valley, Health Science Institute
Interim Director of Nursing: Dr. Gina Taylor
Program Coordinator: Andrea "Ollie" Trejo
The main nursing office can assist with questions about the program: 816.604.4175
Office hours: Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Fall 2020 (August) Day Program Only
January 16 - February 5, 2020
Fall 2021 (August) Day Program Only
August 14 - September 5, 2020
Spring 2022 (January) Day Program & Evening/Weekend Program
January 16 - February 5, 2021
NOTE: Can only apply to one program.
Online applications are only available during open application periods. Applicants must submit their application online through the link provided under "To Apply."
Students are strongly encouraged to read the Professional Nursing Admissions requirements, BEFORE applying. We also urge students to meet with an academic advisor before applying.
Related Degree Programs:
America needs Registered Nurses. It is one of the top 10 professions in the country. RNs have a wide range of duties:
- Record patient medical histories and symptoms
- Help perform diagnostic tests and analyze results
- Consult with physicians
- Start IV lines
- Operate medical equipment
- Administer treatments and medications
- Help with patient follow-up and rehabilitation
- Teach patients and their families how to manage illness or injury
- Explain post-treatment home care needs
- Recommend diet, nutrition and exercise programs
- Show how to self-administer medication and physical therapy
- Educate the public on warning signs and symptoms of disease
- Provide general health screening or immunization clinics, blood drives and public seminars
- Provide advice and emotional support to patients and family members
RNs provide direction to licensed practical nurses (LPNs) and nursing aids.
Our two-year program gives you hands-on experience and excellent instruction in our state-of-the-art Health Science Institute. Our program gives you an associate's degree and prepares you to apply for the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses.