Frequently Asked Questions
How long does it take to earn a certificate or degree?
Our Computer Integrated Machining and Manufacturing certificate is completed in one, 16-week semester.
When can I enter the program?
You can begin the CIMM program during spring or fall semester.
How much does it cost?
MCC is a great value. Our tuition is one of the lowest in the area - about 1/3 that of public four-year schools and a tiny fraction of private colleges. We offer many ways to pay plus a tuition payment plan to make it even easier to afford college.
Due to the demand for skilled machinists, this program is eligible for additional MoManufacuringWINs grant funding.
Will my credits transfer to other colleges or universities?
Most general education courses will transfer without a problem. Check with your advisor or counselor and the transfer institution.
Can the skills I've developed on the job count toward my certificate or degree?
Yes, you can test out of certain courses. We offer credit for select federally approved apprenticeship programs. Contact David Grady for more information about credit for prior learning.
What does it take to succeed in this work
Some of the personal characteristics needed for this career:
- Attention to detail: Ability to focus and be thorough with details.
- Dependability: Responsible, reliable and dependable to fulfill obligations.
- Cooperation: Positive, pleasant attitude in order to work in a team environment.
- Independence: Work with little or no supervision and depend on yourself to complete job tasks.
- Initiative: Willingness to take on tasks, responsibilities and challenges.
- Integrity: Honest and ethical.
- Adaptability/flexibility: Ability to cope with sudden, rapid changes with work and scheduling.
- Self control: Ability to be calm, focused and composed even in adverse situations. Must be able to control emotions, anger and aggressive behavior.
- Persistence: Ability to stick with difficult job tasks in the face of adversity.
- Achievement/effort: Drive and ambition to meet personally challenging goals and put effort into mastering job task.
What are the advantages of taking classes at MCC?
MCC delivers the most cost-effective technical career preparation in Kansas City, MO. We are a publicly funded college with quality programs and full accreditation.
- Our classes combine instructor-led and on-line learning with hands-on lab work.
- State-of-the-art labs with the same equipment you'll find in industry.
- Industry-experienced professionals teach convenient day and evening classes. Our graduates are in demand. The CIMM certificate/degree from MCC-BT is well respected among local industries.
- State-of-the-art precision machining labs. We are a certified HAAS Technical Training Center (the gold standard for CNC education)
- We offer NIMS Certification for certain courses.
- You'll become proficient with industry standard software such as Mastercam
- Experienced instructors bring real-world experience to the classroom