This is your opportunity to join faculty and other talented students to get the most from your educational experience, sharpen your analytical skills and grow. This four-semester experience is designed for highly motivated students. In your first semester you will participate in a leadership development seminar or service learning project. The program culminates with a group project for your final honors experience contract.
• A $500 institutional scholarship ($250/semester) and a $300 textbook allowance
($150/semester) is awarded to students who qualify.
• The program stresses application of your knowledge. Through customized
projects, research and campus and community events you’ll make connections across fields of study and increase your knowledge beyond what you learn in the classroom.
• The program provides an opportunity to shape your own learning experiences, in
collaboration with outstanding Longview faculty.
• All courses in the honors program count toward completion of the Associate of Arts, Associate of Science, or Associate of Engineering degree.
• Enhance your transfer applications and scholarship opportunities.
• You’ll earn the ability to transfer directly into the UMKC Honors College upon
successful program completion.
• You will connect with other top students at Longview.
MCC-Longview Honors Program Admission Requirements
• Complete the MCC Application online at mcckc.edu/apply-now and send
your transcripts and ACT/SAT scores.
• Have a 3.5 cumulative GPA, including high school, college courses and
dual credit classes.
• Minimum ACT composite score of 26 and place into ENGL 101 or higher
and MATH 115 or higher.
• Complete the honors application by May 1.
• Include a recommendation letter from a teacher or school counselor.
Call us at 816.604.2353 to visit about your opportunity.