Whatever your interests, the MCC-Longview Community Education Department has what you are looking for when it comes to education for enrichment and fun.
Whether it is finding life’s purpose, exploring the art of meditation, planning for retirement, or taking a household plumbing workshop, you can find that perfect class and instructor at MCC-Longview.
Search the wide variety of other classes offered by MCC-Longview on our classes page or download the Spring 2017 Community Education brochure (pdf).
Spring 2017 Features
- Don't be stagnant during spring break! Gather some friends for Checkmate Challenge Lego Camp during Lee's Summit School District's spring break
- College for Kids on Wednesday afternoons is back!
- Take your blog to the next level with Intermediate Blogging
- Japanese for Travelers
- Protect Your PC
- Kansas City history series presented by Terence O'Malley
- Cloud Computing
- Introduction to Mindfulness
- Zumba Gold
- Certified Barbecue Judging Class
- Creative Writing
- How to Save $$ Buying a Home
One-on-One Computer Training
Get the attention you need on a computer project you choose. While the Community Education program offers group computer classes on many subjects, one-on-one lessons can be a better way to learn for some people. Select your topic and call to schedule your training. Some topics our instructor can assist with are:
- basic computer skills
- email basics
- software applications such as MS-Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access or Outlook
- navigating the internet
- completing a mail merge
- *New* - need help with your iPad or other Apple device? We now have an instructor in that area!
There are many possibilities! All instruction will be in a computer lab on the MCC-Longview campus. Both day and evening sessions are available.
Note: Upon your initial inquiry, we will discuss your specific needs so that our instructor is prepared to work with you. We require each session to be a minimum of two hours, which we have found to be beneficial for both student and instructor. Two people may attend together, if they are interested in the same training. Fees for the sessions are payable in advance as follows:
- One person, 2-hour session: $100
- Two person, 2-hour session: $80 per hour, per person
Call the MCC-Longview Community Education office at 816.604.2030 for more information. Program information can be found here.
Save the Date
Spring will be here soon and before you know it, kites will be floating in the skies above MCC-Longview! Don't miss this annual, free, family-friendly event Saturday, April 15, 2017. For more information, visit the festival website or the official Facebook page.
Call 816.604.2030 for more information.
Click on the Classes tab (at left) to explore all of our class offerings this coming semester.
Browse our class offerings and enroll today!
We provide students of all ages with a wealth of opportunities for personal development, skills development, cultural enrichment and recreational enjoyment. Each semester hundreds of students enroll in our non-credit classes, which cover many interests and disciplines, including art, writing, technology, photography, music and more.