We encourage you to complete your Student Center “TO DO” list by the priority dates. This is when our financial aid offices' high volume period starts.
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid.
Login to myMCCKC to check your financial aid status.
Contact the Educational Opportunity Center for help with your application or financial aid process.
3100 Main Street, Suite 100
Kansas City, Missouri 64111
Phone - 816.604.4400
Fax - 816.759.4416
Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
GENERAL Application Steps
For assistance with the application process, please call the MCC Information Center
Start the Admission Process
Although you can apply for financial aid before you are admitted to the college, it
is best to start the admission process first.
- Complete and submit the application for admission at www.mcckc.edu/apply. Be sure to include an email address so we can notify you quickly when your application
has been processed.
- After receiving the email verifying that your application has been processed, follow
instructions in the email to create a password and login to your myMCCKC student account.
- Access your myMCCKC Student Email account that has been created for you as it will
be used by the financial aid office to communicate with you. You may find it useful
to forward mail from this account to a personal email account you have; instructions
for how to forward your student email can be found on our Campus Life and Leadership page.
- Request that official transcripts from all colleges previously attended (including
any college classes you took during high school) be mailed to our student data center.
Faxed transcripts are not official. If you are returning to MCC after attending
another college you must have new transcripts mailed to us.
MCC-Student Data Center
Kansas City, MO 64111
- Visit a campus advising/counseling center to ensure you have declared the correct
program of study for your goals.
Apply for Financial Aid
To determine general eligibility for financial aid, you must submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for each year you want to receive funds. Specific aid programs may have
additional requirements in order to receive benefits. MCC's School Code is 002484.
The FAFSA for the upcoming aid year becomes available in January and it is best to
get it submitted early (by April 1) to ensure you meet priority dates and can get
the best financial aid package possible. MCC's School Code is 002484.
- Submit the FAFSA. It will help to have the following information/items:
Review your Student Aid Report (SAR) for any additional steps you must take such as
Bring additional materials as necessary. Check your myMCCKC Student Email and Student
Center To Do List for notice of required materials. Your financial aid office will
guide you concerning:
- A Personal Identification Number (PIN). You can apply for or request your PIN at www.pin.ed.gov.
- Your driver's license number (if you have one)
- Your social security number (or permanent residence card if you are not a U.S. citizen)
- Current bank statements if you have checking or savings accounts
- MCC's School Code is 002484.
- Income information from the previous tax year (estimated income can be used if taxes
have not been filed yet).
- 2014 tax information for your 2015-2016 FAFSA
(fall 2015, spring and summer 2016)
- 2013 tax information for your 2014-2015 FAFSA
(fall 2014, spring and summer 2015)
- Use the IRS data retrieval tool (if it is an option with your circumstances) to automatically
transfer your tax information.
- If you have a job, your W-2 forms (these are sent to you by Jan. 31 each year)
- If you are 24 years old or younger you will likely be considered dependent (the application
will guide you based on how you answer the questions) and will need your parent(s)
or legal guardian's income information. If your parent receives any child support
payments for you, owns any businesses, or has stocks or bonds, a record of those items
will be needed also.
After applying you need to enroll in classes so we can calculate the amount of aid
you may receive. You will not be dropped from classes while you are waiting for us
to calculate your financial aid award.