Visit an MCC campus and you'll see high school graduates, single moms, older returning students, international students -
all walks of life. No other college in the Kansas City area is as diverse.
- 60% female
- 40% male
- 62% are 24 or younger.
- 38% are older than 25
- More than 50 countries are represented
- 43% take advantage of financial aid
- 28% transfer each year to continue their education.
- 78% work while taking classes
- More than 27% of MCC students are people of color.
"I'm in my second year at MCC, and I love it."
- Alexandria Smith, MCC-Blue River student
Alexandria Smith came to MCC right out of Blue Springs South High School.
Blessed with boundless energy, she is deeply involved in campus life and determined to get the most out of her college education.
For example testing:
- She is a member of MCC-Blue River's soccer team, the Trail Blazers.
- She is one of the campus orientators who gives incoming freshmen a tour of the campus and helps them learn their way around.
- She helped with the campus' Upward Bound program that gives high school juniors and seniors a feel for what college is like.
- She received two scholarships, including one for playing soccer, and is now in line for an honor society scholarship.
Smith plans to transfer to the University of Iowa. There she will pursue what for her is a typically energetic goal: a double
major in nutrition and kinesiology and then a master's degree.