Skip to main content MCC Crescent Shape Search RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram chevron pointing down

Dropping/Withdrawing from a Dual Credit Course

Withdrawing is a formal withdrawal from a course. It is done by the withdrawal date included in the enrollment packet and shows as a “W” on the student’s transcript. This shows the course was attempted, but it does not factor into the student’s grade point average.

If a student wishes to drop a dual credit course, a withdrawal form must be completed and submitted as soon as possible. To have charges removed or reduced, a student must officially drop the classes within the designated refund period. After the deadline, the student will be responsible for the full cost of the course.

If the student wishes to withdraw from a dual credit course and not receive a course grade, a withdrawal form must be submitted to the high school’s dual credit coordinator by the academic assessment deadline in the first 75% of the term. A “W” will be posted on the official college transcript. Students should be aware that transcripted Ws can negatively affect financial aid eligibility in the future.