District Council on Equity and Inclusion
The mission of the District Council is to serve as a key collaborator in integrating equity, inclusion, and diversity into all aspects of MCC and its mission. The responsibility lies with every community member and external partner of MCC.
To move forward with urgency and purpose; set the standard for the communities we serve; educate the MCC community about the different forms of racism, discrimination, and other multicultural issues; create a welcoming culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion; provide recommendations to leadership on how we can improve our campus culture to ensure it’s inclusive, welcoming, safe and productive for all.
The District Council operates under the oversight of the Office of Institutional Equity and Inclusion, in collaboration with the campus Diversity and Inclusion councils.
Members are selected in consultation with the campus Diversity and Inclusion councils, Faculty Senate, District Staff Council, and the Administrative Association; each group having representation. Other members are selected by the Office of Institutional Equity and Inclusion, consisting of Affinity group leaders, interested internal members, external community members, etc.
The District Council will meet on the 1st Friday of the month.
- Brian Bechtel – Administrator/Athletics
- Dachia Busch - OIE Faculty Intern, Counseling, Affinity Group Leadership
- Kim Fernandes – Director of Student Disability Services, Administrator Association
- Lesha Gregory - Vice President of Instruction and Student Services
- John Hudson – Admissions Manager, Staff Association
- Adam Kisler – Workforce Coordinator
- Crystal Johnson - Dean of Instruction, BT/BR
- Chelsia Potts - Interim Dean of Student Development, PV
- Katie Reynolds - Instructional Designer
- Sarah Schmidt - Student Services Assistant
- Chocoletta Simpson - Executive Director of Institutional Equity and Inclusion, Council Chair
- Terrell Tigner – Dean of Student Development & Enrollment, Campus Council MW
- Keith Townsend - Faculty Speech & Drama, Campus Council LV