District Council on Equity and Inclusion
The mission of the District Council is to serve as a key collaborator in integrating equity, inclusion, and diversity into all aspects of MCC and its mission. The responsibility lies with every community member and external partner of MCC.
To move forward with urgency and purpose; set the standard for the communities we serve; educate the MCC community about the different forms of racism, discrimination, and other multicultural issues; create a welcoming culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion; provide recommendations to leadership on how we can improve our campus culture to ensure it’s inclusive, welcoming, safe and productive for all.
The District Council operates under the oversight of the Office of Institutional Equity and Inclusion, in collaboration with the campus Diversity and Inclusion councils.
Members are selected in consultation with the campus Diversity and Inclusion councils, Faculty Senate, District Staff Council, and the Administrative Association; each group having representation. Other members are selected by the Office of Institutional Equity and Inclusion, consisting of Affinity group leaders, interested internal members, external community members, etc.
The District Council will meet on the 1st Friday of the month.
- Robin Allen, Admissions Recruiter, MCC-Blue River
- Dachia Busch - Counseling, Affinity Group Leadership
- Ashley Cerrentano - English Instructor, MCC-Penn Valley
- Ayana Dunning - Athletic Director
- Kim Fernandes – Director of Student Disability Services, Administrator Association
- Lesha Gregory - Vice President of Instruction and Student Services
- Warren Haynes, D.P.A. - Vice President of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, Council Chair
- Cynthia Heddlesten - Sociology Instructor, Campus Council, MCC-Blue River
- John Hudson – Admissions Manager, Staff Association
- Crystal Johnson - History Instructor, MCC-Maple Woods
- Chris Kelly - Supplier Diversity
- Adam Kisler – Workforce Coordinator
- Diana McElroy, Dean of Student Development & Enrollment, MCC-Longview
- Raven Meadows - Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Executive Administrative Assistant
- Chelsia Potts - Interim Dean of Student Development, MCC-Penn Valley
- Katie Reynolds - Instructional Designer, Women’s Affinity Group
- Terrell Tigner – Dean of Student Development & Enrollment, Campus Council, MCC-Maple Woods
- Tahmeka Thompson- Director of Campus Operations, MCC-Longview, LGBTQ+ Affinity Group
- Darlene Town, Art Instructor, MCC-Penn Valley
- Keith Townsend - Faculty Speech & Drama, Campus Council, MCC-Longview
- Danielle Warren- Executive Administrative Assistant to the CHRO