MCC shall create assessment tools that accurately and sufficiently determine student proficiency in all areas of general education career and technical programs and workforce development. Data from these assessments and other relevant sources shall inform curriculum decisions, program viability and resource allocation so as to ensure that students obtain instruction that guarantees successful transitions to receiving institutions and career opportunities.
- Create a sustainable assessment mechanism for student learning in general education, career and technical education, and workforce development;
- Align student learning assessments with standards established by all accreditation bodies associated with MCC;
- Synchronize all areas of curriculum with assessment findings and conclusions.
Key Performance Indicators
- Continue HLC Improvement project with General Education programs and produce an annual summary of improvements based on assessment findings
- Continue CTE Program Outcomes Assessment and produce an annual summary of improvements based on assessment findings
- Workforce development assessment and annual summary of improvements
- Successful reaccreditation with all accrediting bodies associated with MCC
- The AA degree is being reviewed to determine if it meets students needs and the needs of transfer institutions.
- Discipline outcomes are being written, and both discipline and general education outcomes are being assessed as part of the HLC Open Pathways accreditation process.
- Career programs are assessing their outcomes each year. Results and interventions are tracked through the new CTE program review/development process.