The Reading Lab is located in the Humanities Building, on the first floor in HU-105.
Gail Freeman is on hand to provide reading, study skills, and ELL assistance for any
student enrolled at one of the Metropolitan Community Colleges' campuses. Appointments
are encouraged; however, students who visit without an appointment are welcome, and
their needs are addressed on a first-come, first-served basis.
The Reading Lab also provides free tutoring for students in many subject areas.
We provide the following Reading services:
- Help students develop their vocabulary
- Help students understand and locate stated main ideas
- Help students understand and develop implied main ideas
- Help ELL students learn in an English language environment
- Help students improve
- Help students read actively
- Help students
- Help students read graphic material
We can provide the following resources:
- Awareness of learning styles
- How to listen more effectively
- How to take better notes
- How to manage your time
- How to mark your textbooks
- How to use textbook strategies
- How to take tests
- How to reduce test anxiety
Monday: 7 a.m.-4 p.m.
Tuesday: 7-8 a.m. and 11 a.m.-4 p.m.
Wednesday: 7 a.m.-4 p.m.
Thursday: 7-8 a.m. and 11 a.m.-4 p.m.
Friday: 7 a.m.-2 p.m.
For more information contact: Gail Freeman