Other sites which link to the MCC - Longview
Critical Thinking Across the Curriculum Project:
When we constructed this site in 1996, there was very little on the web dealing with Critical Thinking - and most of what
was there lacked content which was useful to the educator. Since then, there has been an explosion of resources and sites
on the web, some quite good, and some which are merely a list of links to other resources. This page is a reference for our
project of those who found our resources good enough to establish a link. We have only included those sites on the web that
we can verify - there are undoubtedly many more using our resources who do not have web sites (if my mailbox is any indication!).
We periodically conduct a search for sites which link to ours, but if we missed you, please let us know!
Since this site is maintained with college funding, it would be extremely helpful if you have linked your pages to our resources,
or know someone who has, to please let us know! When you link to us, please make sure you list us as:
Critical Thinking across the Curriculum Project, Metropolitan Community College - Longview
If you would like your entry to read differently than we have listed it, please feel free to let us know. If there are any
resources You would like to see but we do not have up yet, just make a request and we will see what we can do.
We are always gratified to hear of those of you who find our resources helpful. Along with the sites listed below, we have
also participated in the LIBERATION project -
LIBraries: Electronic Remote Access To Information Over Networks
||is funded by the
Telematics Application Programme LB 4063
European Commission DG XIII-E/3, 2920 Luxembourg
|Telematics Application - LOGO
The Members of the LIBERATION consortium
- IICM (Institute for Imformation Processing and Computer Supported New Media): TU Graz, Austria
- Coordinator: Hermann Maurer (email@example.com)
- Project managers: Robert Stubenrauch (firstname.lastname@example.org), Helmut Leitner (email@example.com)
- Administrative managers: Gerhard Pail (firstname.lastname@example.org), Gabi Leitner (email@example.com)
- Hallward Library: The University of Nottingham, United Kingdom
- Contact person: Barbara Vickery (Barbara.Vickery@nottingham.ac.uk)
- IfI (Institute for Information Processing): University of Freiburg, Germany
- Contact person: Thomas Ottmann (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Technical manager: Matthias Will (email@example.com)
- University Library: University of Freiburg, Germany
- Contact person: Hans-Adolf Ruppert (Ruppert@ub.uni-freiburg.de)
- Technical manager: Andreas Wolf (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Addison-Wesley-Verlag GmbH: Bonn, Germany
- Contact person: Reinhold Tokar (ReinholdT@addison-wesley.de)
- Technical manager: Marcus Zens (email@example.com)
- Bibliographisches Institut & F.A. Brockhaus AG (Duden): Mannheim, Germany
- Contact person: Christoph Bläsi (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Sponsoring Partner is:
- Springer Verlag: Heidelberg, Germany
- Contact person: Arnoud de Kemp (DeKemp@Springer.de)
When we discover other Web sites which have established links to our resources, we will let you know about it here so you
can visit them as well. Each of these sites are wonderful resources by themselves - and they have good taste!
- College and University links:
- Montclair State University, N.J., U.S.A.;The Curriculum Resource Center,
- Iowa State University College of Education
Ames,Iowa.; Educational Resources Online,
- Prince Georges County Community College; Maryland Consortium of Community Colleges for Teaching Reasoning,
- Cameron University, Lawton OklahomaInstitute for Applied Telematics, .
- Palo Alto College, Texas; Critical Thinking Community .
- Middle Tennessee University, Murfreesboro, Tennessee; Study Skills web pageof the Department of Developmental Studies
- Hong Kong Polytechnic University; Educational Development Resource Center
Web resources for Teaching and Learning educational development unit, Index of links to external WWW resources educational
- Fatih University, Instanbul, Turkey. Internet Links: Education
Internet Links, Education. A Home Page for Problem Solvers:
- South Mountain Community College, Phoenix, Arizona; Learning Assistance Center
- University of Michigan. Ann Arbor, Michigan; Reform and Innovation in Teaching, Learning and Assessment,
National Center for Post Secondary Improvement,
- Valencia Community College, Orlando, Florida; Valencia West Learning Resource Center
- St. Louis Community College, Meremac: Internet Study Skill Resource Site
- Harvey Mudd College, British Columbia: Learning Programs
- University of Guelph, Canada: Teaching Support Services - Online resources
- University College, London: Key Skills - Resources
- Polk Community College, Winter Haven, Fl: Library Information Literacy resource page
- University of Kentucky: Critical Thinking and Collaborative Learning
- The University of Tennesee, Chatanooga; Library's Information Literacy Links
- Valdosta State University, GA: Learning Support pages
- Athabasca University | Study Skills Development
- Mount Royal College, Alberta, CA: Library Internet Subject Guide - Instructional Resources
- Air War College, United States Air Force: Distributed, Distance Learning, Education and Technology
- Transitions Research Group - MSU
- Humbolt State University , Arcata, California: Library Critical Thinking/Disinformation on the Web
- California State University, Bakersfield: CSUB Mentor program student resources
- Faculty On-Line Teaching/Learning Center
- Pollak Library, California State College, Fullerton: Philosophy Research Guide
- Albuquerque TVI Community College: Critical Thinking Across the Curriculum Initiative.
- Roger Williams University, Briston, Rhode Island: CIC Workshop - Web Resources.
- Southern Illinois University at Carbondale: Teaching Resources for Communication Across the Curriculum
- Southern Illinois University at Carbondale: Student Resources for Communication Across the Curriculum.
- Union College, Schenectady, NY: Links on study skills, better grades
- James Madison University, Harrisonburg, VA; Critical Thinking & Problem Solving Skills
- Oakland University, Rochester, Michigan: Philosophy Links
- Cameron University, Lawton, Oklahoma: Education links
- South Mountain Community College, :Learning Assistance Center
- Middle Tennesee State University: Dr. Carolyn Hopper:Study Skills Help Page
- Department Sites:
- University of Oklahoma Philosophy Department,
- The University of Georgia/Valdosta Philosophy Department
- Instructional Systems Technology Department, School of Education,
Indiana University at Bloomington, Instructors: Bob Appelman and Elizabeth Boling
- School of Human Development and Community Service
- "Longview Community College Critical Thinking Across the Curriculum
Project is a concise introduction to critical thinking core concepts."
SCHOOL OF HUMAN DEVELOPMENT AND COMMUNITY SERVICE
CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY, FULLERTON. .
- Internet Education Projects
UtahLINK Classroom to Classroom
- Dipartimento di filosofia - Epistemologia
Department of Philosophy, Teaching Materials, University of Genova, Genova, Italy.
- LitSite Alaska: by Patricia Grega, University of Alaska, Anchorage: Useful Websites for Teachers, Parents, and Students
- Critical Thinking Course Development Committee, Winthrop University, Rock Hill, South Carolina
- Critical Thinking & Information Literacy Across the Curriculum, Bellvue Community College, Bellvue, Washington: Other Resources
- Center for Teaching and Learning Services: Univ. of Minnesota
- Information Literacy pages of Univ. of Kansas Technical department
- Department of Philosophy, University of Melbourne, Australia
- Anne Arundel CC : Center for the Advancement of Learning and Teaching
- Instructor Diploma program, Vancouver Communtiy College: EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE
- Department of Humanities, Clayton College & State University, Morrow, Georgia: Critical Thinking LInks
- Psychology Department, Capilano College, North Vanvouver, British Columbia, CA
- Boise State University Nursing School, INTERNET REFERENCES
- Department of Philosophy, University of Colorado, Boulder: Links for philosophy students
- Innovative Faculty:
- Dr. Donald Simanek's Physics Resources page: Lock Haven University, PA, U.S.A
- Not for Freshmen Only: Sites to Improve Your Study Skills, Dr. Linda Walsh, Dept. of Psychology, University of Northern Iowa. Cedar Falls, Iowa.
- Teacher Resources in Mathematics Online, Dr. David Reid and the Graduate Class in Technology in Teaching and Learning of Math, University of Newfoundland, St. Johns,
- Mission Critical: Critical Thinking exercises and Resources on the Web,
David Mesher, San Jose State University, CA., U.S.A.
- Internet Teaching Topics Hotlinks - Critical Thinking, Dr. Marcia Sheridan - Professor of Education, Indiana University at South Bend,
- Matt's Socratic Thinking Page - Help for English Teachers,
Indiana University, South Bend, Indiana.
- Psychsite - designed and moderated by Ken Stange at Nipissing University.
North Bay, Ontario, Canada. A great group of resources for investigating the science of psychology.
- Teaching Resources page of Andrew N. Carpenter, Professor of Philosophy,
University of California - Berkeley.
- Other Calculus Links
Dr. Erik Van Vleck, Assistant Professor, Colorado School of Mines, Golden, Colorado
- WWW Resources for ESL Teachers - James Christensen, University of Queensland, St. Lucia Campus, Austrailia
- Lou Ann Aepelbacher, Jefferson County Schools, Arlington, Virginia: education links
- Bob Jacobs, Chemistry teacher, Wilton High School: Links to a Better Education
- James R. Elkins, Professor of Law, West Virginia University: Critical Reading
- Frank Elder, Communications and Humanities Department, Metropolitan Community Colleges, Omaha, Nebraska
- Gary Packer, Reading, NorthEastern Illinois University: Resources about readers
- Mr. Eso, 4th Grade teacher: Masters Info Page
- Glenn Blalock, English, Stephen F. Austin State University, Nacogdoches, Texas
- Mrs. V. Naish, Literature for Gifted Students, Peoria Unified School District, Peoria, Illinois: favorites4teachers
- Dr. John M. Gay, College of Vetinary Medicine, Washington State University: Learning & Critical Thinking Resources
- Hamdy Youssef, Organizational Development Program, Sonoma State University
- Dr. Diane Gross, English, El Camino College, California
- Ann Fagan, Librarian, English Montreal School Board, Montreal, CA
- Anna Bagby, Expanded Learning Faculty, Waterloo Community School District, Waterloo, Iowa
- Edmund J. Sass, Ed.D, College of St. Benedict/St. John's Univertsity, Collegeville, Minnesota
- Jen Everett, Instructor, University of Colorado, Boulder
- Mark Gover, Research Consultant, Center for Educational Performance and Information, State of Michigan
- Mary Bennett, DNSc, RN, Assistant Dean, School of Nursing, Indiana State Universtiy: Evaluation and Accreditation Resources
- John Harvey, Northeast College, Houston CC system
- Dr. Michelle Jacobsen, University of Calgary, CA: Academic Sucess-Study skills and Testwiseness
- Jerry Lynch, LaTrobe University, Western Victoria, AU
- Tery Griffin, New York University
- Linda Walsh, Psychology, University of Northern Iowa: Sites to Promote Academic Success
- Dr. Kip Wheeler, Carson - Newman college: Useful Links
- Vickie Guymon, Faculty at Sally Mauro Elementary, Carbon County Schools, Utah: "Computers Are No Different Than Blackboards"
- Bruce Janz, Augustana University College, Camrose, Alberta, Canada: The Reasoning Page
- Dr. Lisa Windam, English, McClennan Community College, Waco, Texas
- Jim Musgrave, English, Grossmont Community College, San Diego, California
- Public or Private Organizations promoting education:
- World Lecture Hall, (technically, this is a link to the logic course which inspired this site.)
- Educational Rendezvous: Expanded Educational Links.
- The Ohio Center for Critical Thinking Instruction (occtiwww)
- Northwest Regional Educational Labratory: The Library-in-the-Sky.
- Episteme Links and Bookstore:
Logic and Philosophy of Mathematics Topics Page
- Trivium Pursuit - Links For Learning, Home Schooling Resources
- "Critical Thinking Across the Curriculum Project is a short
course in logic: history of logic, what is the point of studying logic,
introducing logical vocabulary, arguments, validity, truth tables,
logic puzzles, and more (is somewhat PC)."
- The Awesome Library, by Jerry Adams
- Secondary School Educators - Best of the net from The Mining Company
- "Don't miss! Focused on logic, this site provides a wealth of
information about the core concepts of critical thinking, establishing
the truth of a premise, informal fallacies of reasoning and other topics,
such as "How graphs and visual aids can be used to hide the truth."
The most outstanding sites on the Net for Secondary School Educators, as selected by your Mining Company Guide, Part of the
Family Education Network, Diane Walker, Ed.d.
- Eric Online Instructional Database
- "Although sponsored by Longview Community College (Missouri) with
an emphasis on postsecondary education applications, the definitions of
critical thinking, the coverage of the methods of logic, and pointers to
other pertinent sources make this a valuable resource for secondary
level practitioners, too. "
QUESTION/PROBLEM: Critical Thinking Skills:
- The White Point Foundation
A foundation for promoting rational thought in education, business and government located in Ankara, Turkey.
Contact: Beyaz Nokta - Vakfi, Sair Nedim Sokak, No.2/9 Bade Apt. 06690, Cankaya-Ankara
- American Scientific Affiliation: Critical Thinking
- English as a Second Language Cyberlinks, Quebec: INTERACTIVE WRITING ACTIVITIES
- The Educational Development Resource Centre: Resources for Teaching Development
- ProTeacher! Theory and practice of lesson planning for elementary school teachers: resources compiled by Sarah Wood.
- The Freethought Zone ("Science and Reason over Religion and Superstition) - More Links
- innumeracy.com: critical thinking
- Google Web Directory - Science > Science in Society > Skeptical Inquiry > Critical Thinking
- About.com directory of critical thinking
- Slider.com - Science in Society
- Archon OpenDir - /Science/Science_in_Society/Skeptical_Inquiry/Critical_Thinking/
- The Math Forum - Math Library - Philosophy
- South Shore Skeptics: Science and Education Resources
- LivingWeb Library: 160 - Logic (Primarily Christian Research Resource site
- Lifestyle Opportunity.org: Science: Science in Society: Skeptical Inquiry (in 52 languages)
- Los Alamos National Laboratory: Links for Parents and Educators
- Trivium Pursuit Internet Links
- American Humanist Association: Resources
- Center for Curriculum Transfer and Technology: British Columbia, CA
- NurseHealer.com: Mary Catherine Miller: Critical Thinking Skills
- Open Directory Project - Science: Science in Society: Skeptical Inquiry: Critical Thinking
- The Street Philosophers Society: Western Philosophy
- The Teachers guide.com: Educational Theory
- College Success - Suite101.com
- THE HALCYON COSMOPOLITAN ENTERTAINMENT
- The Telson Spur: Field Nodes (Compiled by Phil Hughes, Salt Spring Island, British Columbia, Canada)-- Traces (10): Rhetoric
- Philosophy in Cyberspace
- JustBooks - Directory of Topics and Links
- South Australian Lodge of Research #216
- VoS - Voice of the Shuttle
- Metagifted Educational Resources Organization
- College Courses - Internet assisted or On-line:
- Cognitive Studies 1200. MINDS, BRAINS, CONTEXTS, AND CULTURES, Craig A. Smith, Vanderbilt University
- Journalism Ethics, San Francisco State University
- Freshman Composition - English 100 - Instructor: R. Parker, Lock Haven University of Pennsylvania.
- Logic 101, Instructor: Bob Lane, Malaspina University-College, Nanaimo, B.C.
- Humanities 345-103-04: Thinking about Thinking, Don Atkinson (Instructor), Champlain College, Lennoxville, Quebec.
- American Literature - Misc. links, Akihito Ishikawa, Associate Prof. of English, Nagasaki Junior College of Foreign Languages..
- EDUCATION 173: Learning Theory and Classroom Practices., Dr. Joan Bissell,
UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, IRVINE Department of Education.
- CPhil 111 - Logic and Inquiry, Diane Bowser, Clarian Venago Campus, Clarion University of Pennsylvania.
- Logic & Philosophy of Science: Dey Alexander, Monash University, Austrailia..
- "From Longview Community College, this site provides an
excellent introduction to basic logic, including a short history
of logic, a discussion of symbolic vs. informal logic, and an
introduction to logical vocabulary. "
- PERLS 101:. Developing Critical Thinking in Physical Education and Recreation.
- ENG 230 Syllabus: Honors 105 Mastering Excellence: Peak Performance in College and Beyond.
Instructor: Giacobazzi. Kirtland Community College, Roscommon, Michigan.
- College English - 110: Utah Valley State College, Electronic Campus.
- Philosophy 4 - Introduction to Logic , Dr. Robert T. Carroll, Sacramento City College, Sacramento, California.
- PHI 171 Critical Thinking Eric Parkinson, Syracuse University, New York
- EDIN 640 NYIT HOTS 2000: New York Institute of Technology.
- Topics in Social Psychology: Methods (CROW), Jon Mueller, Psychology, North Central College, Naperville, Illinois
- Ed173 Online: University of California, Irvine , Dept. of Education
- Program #602 "Testing for Thinking", Michigan Gateways Guide (TV program for math & science teachers), Produced by Michigan PBS: Bibliography
- B104 (Nursing), Indiana University Northwest School of Nursing, Josy Petr
- ENG 230 Syllabus: Kirtland Community College, Michigan
- PSC 1215 - "Learning to Learn in Psychology", Bolton Institute, England - useful Web sites
- Instructional Technology; LS 152: Julia Little, Ed.D & Rhona Spearman, Ed.D: Thinknology: Using IT to Enhance Thinking
- "Current Issues and Trends in Education", Media Workshop, New York.
- Education 502: Gloria Stranks, Dordt College, Sioux Center, Iowa
- Intro to Psychology, Dr. Deb Briihl, Valdosta State University, Georgia
- Strategies for Sucess: Carol Keller, Alamo Community College District, Texas
- Read 290: College of Human Development and Community Service, Cal State - Fullerton: Related Critical Thinking Web Sites
- GIS 3260: "Methods of Search and Critical Thinking": Dr. Marsha L. Richmond, Wayne State University
- PHL1070: Study Links: Monash University, Australia
- Philosophy 210: Brandon Fitelson, University of Wisconsin, Madison
- English 111, "The Write Place", Tidewater Community College, Virgina: Student & Teacher Resources
- General Education 2000 - State University of New York at OSWEGO
- Resources for NOST 202 On-Line: "Social History of the North", Amanda Graham, Yukon College, Whitehorse, Yukon, CA
- PHILOSOPHY 101: College of Charleston, South Carolina
- Philosophy 6 links: Doug McFerran, Los Angeles Mission college
- PHIL 158d - Critical Thinking Links; Dept. of Philosophy, Queens University, Ontario CA
- Composition I and II, American Literature I: Dr. John Harvey, Northeast College, Houston CC system, Houston, Texas.
- Secondary Schools, Districts and K-12 educational Organizations:
- Kathy Schrock's Guide for Educators - Lesson Plans and Thinking Skills
Education Resources : Lesson Plans and Thinking Skills. Alpine Curriculum of Excellence ...
A nice collection of educational resources for instructors, geared to K-12.
- Prince Edward Island's Department of Education page of English Resources for Senior High,
- "This is a great reference for teachers wanting some concrete teaching strategies for integrating critical thinking skills
into curriculum areas."
- The SENETIC project: This project is involved in integrating critical thinking into computer literacy in three school systems in Nebraska.
- Whitewater Unified School District, Whitewater, WI - Contact: Jim Stewart
- Sally Mauro Elementary. , Helper, Utah,
A Division of the Carbon School District. Charles W. Kreautler, Principal.
- Matthew Franz,
Stinson Middle School, (I don't know the location yet!)
- TEACHING AND LEARNING PORTFOLIO. Prepared By: Nancy-Jane Dalgarno Alldred.
Trinity College School. Port Hope, Ontario, Canada
- Grand Rapids Public Schools: Online Resources
- Maryland Collaborative for Teacher Preparation: Education links
- Daviess County Public Schools, Owensboro, Kentucky: CT links
- School District #25, Pocatello/Chubbuck, Idaho: Teacher Resources Reference Desk
- Coalition of Innovative Schools, Rocky View Schools, Alberta, CA: Critical and Creative Thinking Skills
- Western Hills High School, Franklin County, Kentucky
- Stephens County Schools, Georgia: Best Practices
- Wilmette (Oregon) Public Schools, Dist. 39: Grade 8 Writing
- Houston, Texas Independent School District: Teacher Links
- Elk River Schools, Elk River, Minnesota
- School District 68, British Columbia, Canada: (English) Teacher's Lounge
- Wellesley Public Schools, MA; Sandra Hamilton, Technology and Curriculum Specialist,
- Individual Home pages:
- Rick Ross - Expert Consultant and (Cult) Intervention Specialist,
- WESTERN PHILOSOPHY
Links of interest to Jien-Hui Tjong.
- Electronic Resources
- "Valuable source of material on critical thinking, from lists of logical
fallacies to resources for classroom instructions. Educators should especially
visit this site."
Resources on the Net maintained by Taner Edis, Public pages sponsored by Iowa State University.
- Jan Paul Miller
Montgomery College, Takoma Park, Maryland.
- Claudia Rebaza
University of Southern Mississippi
- Cheryl Welton Pre-psychology Major. University of Oregon.
- Alex Morgan's Web Page
- Brian Booth, WebQuest for Progressive Learning Theory
- Jim MacAbee: School and Internet links on thinking
- Amir Rahini - Postdoctorate Research Fellow, UIUC/Fermilab: Other Links
- Matthew Franz: Reading-Language Arts Resources
- Kai Braathen: Kai's StudyWeb - Philosophy
- Jim Norton, Practical skepticism - DeBunking Anti-Environmentalist claims
- E Keegan, teacher in the Monroe School District, New Jersey
- Dr. Kurt A. Richardson, Institute for the Study of Coherence and Emergnece, Norwood, MA
- Don Clark, Edmunds, WA: Human Resource Development - Training and Learning Links
- Jon Erlendsson, Haskoli Island University, Iceland
- LAW 3616 INDEX: Not sure who compiled this listing
- D. Bruce Martin , New Mexico State University, Alamogordo, New Mexico: My Site* Educational Resources
- Doreen ? : Welcome To My Den
- Rob VanDerPeet, Iceland?
- Greg Ransom, The Friedrich Hayek Scholars Page: Research Resources for Scholars
- Holger Schaer, Computational Linguistics Group: Holgers Outside World: Science
- Brian (Marine Corps Recruiter in Pennsylvania) & Lori Spiegel: Our Favorite Links
- Don Clark a.k.a. "Big Dog"; Human Resource Development - Training and Development Subjects
- Dennis Boals, Social Studies School Service: Research and Critical Thinking
Business and Professional Sites
Our core resources have also been included in the Instructors Manual of the 'SmartPrim
' program - a series of computer assisted instruction modules for individual and small group tutoring in critical thinking.
This program is written and distributed by Duldt and Associates, 1564 T-bird Drive, Thunderbird Farms, Front Royal, West Virginia.
A table of contents of the lessons included in the program will be put up soon.