Frequently Asked Questions
How long does it take to earn a certificate or degree?
- Stationary Engineer certificate - 1 year
- Stationary Engineer associate's degree - 2 years
How much does it cost?
MCC is a great value. Our tuition is one of the lowest in the area - about 1/3 that of public four-year schools and a tiny fraction of private colleges. We offer many ways to pay plus a tuition payment plan to make it even easier to afford college.
Will my credits transfer to other colleges or universities?
This degree transfers to the University of Central Missouri or Missouri Western State University toward a bachelor of science in technology management, and to DeVry University for a bachelor of science in technical management. Contact an advisor for more transfer info.
Can the skills I've developed on the job count toward my certificate or degree?Yes, you can test out of certain courses.
What does it take to succeed in this work?Some of the personal characteristics needed for this career:
- Integrity: Honesty and ethical thinking and behavior.
- Dependable: Reliable, responsible and able to fulfill obligations.
- Independence: Ability to direct and complete one's work with little or no supervision.
- Attention to detail: Careful about detail and thoroughness of job completion.
- Stress tolerance: Ability to accept criticism and perform under stressful situations.
- Self control: Ability to maintain composure in difficult situations.
- Cooperation and concern for others: Ability to work well with others.
- Initiative: Willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Analytical thinking: Ability to use logic to address issues and problems.
- Innovation: Ability to think creatively to develop new ideas to solve challenges.
What are the advantages of taking classes at MCC?MCC delivers the most cost-effective technical career preparation in Kansas City, MO. We are a publicly funded college with quality programs and full accreditation.
- Our classes combine instructor-led and on-line learning with hands-on lab work.
- Our state-of-the-art labs train with the same equipment you'll find in industry.
- Industry-experienced professionals teach convenient day and evening classes.
- Our graduates are in demand.