Program Coordinator: Robin Bellamy
For program information please call: 816.604.4175
Starting with the August 2017 application period, paper applications will no longer be accepted for the Professional Nursing Program.
The link to the application for the Professional Nursing Program is now available.
If you experience any difficulties with your application, please contact Student Support Services at 816-604-1000.
The application period will be from August 1, 2017 to August 21, 2017. Applicants may apply online during this time only.
*NOTE: Applications are only available during open application periods.
Office Hours: Monday thru Thursday 8am to 4pm and Friday 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Associate in Applied Science, Nursing (73-77 credit hours)
Related Degree Program:
- Associate in Applied Science: LPN to ADN Bridge
- Certificate: Practical Nursing
America needs Registered Nurses. It is one of the top 10 professions in the country. RNs have a wide range of duties:
- Record patient medical histories and symptoms
- Help perform diagnostic tests and analyze results
- Consult with physicians
- Start IV lines
- Operate medical equipment
- Administer treatments and medications
- Help with patient follow-up and rehabilitation
- Teach patients and their families how to manage illness or injury
- Explain post-treatment home care needs
- Recommend diet, nutrition and exercise programs
- Show how to self-administer medication and physical therapy
- Educate the public on warning signs and symptoms of disease
- Provide general health screening or immunization clinics, blood drives and public seminars
- Provide advice and emotional support to patients and family members
RNs provide direction to licensed practical nurses (LPNs) and nursing aids.
Our two-year program gives you hands-on experience and excellent instruction in our state-of-the-art Health Science Institute. Our program gives you an associate's degree and prepares you to apply for the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses.