MCC Campus(s): Longview and Maple Woods
Longview: Victor Meledge-Ade, 816.604.2698
Maple Woods: John Horn, 816.604.3132
Job Preparation: Student Employment Services;
Career Central - job bank
Base salary and job outlook
- Median wages (2008): $36.13 hourly, $75,150 annual
- Employment (2006): 136,000 employees
- Projected growth (2008): Faster than average (14% to 20%)
- Projected need (2006-2016): 57,000 additional employees
- Design or coordinate the development of integrated Geographic Information Systems
(GIS) spatial or non-spatial databases.
- Design or prepare graphic representations of Geographic
Information Systems (GIS) data using GIS hardware or software
- Enter data into Geographic Information Systems (GIS) databases
using techniques such as coordinate geometry, keyboard entry of tabular
data, manual digitizing of maps, scanning or automatic conversion to
vectors, and conversion of other sources of digital data.
- Maintain or modify existing Geographic Information Systems (GIS) databases.
- Perform geospatial data building, modeling, or analysis using
advanced spatial analysis, data manipulation, or cartography software.
- Analyze Geographic Information Systems (GIS) data to identify
spatial relationships or display results of analyses using maps, graphs,
or tabular data.
- Interpret aerial or ortho photographs.
- Review existing or incoming data for currency, accuracy, usefulness, quality, or completeness
- Transfer or rescale information from original photographs onto maps or other photographs.
- Select cartographic elements needed for effective presentation of information.