Expanding your mind.
Enhancing your future.
The Honors Program at MCC-Maple Woods is your opportunity
to join faculty and other talented students to get the most from
your educational experience, sharpen your analytical skills
and grow. This four semester experience is designed for highly
motivated students. Each semester you’ll work with faculty to
develop an honors experience contract. In your first semester,
the contract will be in a required interdisciplinary learning
community. The program culminates with a group project for
your final honors experience contract.
The program stresses application of your knowledge. Through customized
projects, research and campus and community events you’ll make
connections across fields of study and increase your knowledge beyond what you learn in the classroom.
- The program provides an opportunity to shape your own learning experiences, in collaboration with outstanding Maple Woods faculty.
- A $500 institutional scholarship ($250/semester) and a $300 textbook allowance ($150/semester) is awarded to students who qualify.
- All courses in the honors program count toward completion of the Associate of Arts degree.
- Enhance your transfer applications and scholarship opportunities.
- You’ll earn the ability to transfer directly into the UMKC Honors College upon successful program completion.
- You will connect with other top students at Maple Woods.
- Have a 3.5 cumulative GPA, including high school, college courses and dual credit classes.
- Minimum ACT composite score of 26 and place into ENGL 101 and MATH 115 or higher.
Steps to Apply
- Complete the MCC Application online.
- Complete the Honors Application.
- Have a teacher or school counselor submit a completed recommendation form.
- Send your official high school and college transcripts and ACT scores.