Degree and certificate graduation requirements
To graduate, students must complete the requirements with a 2.0 minimum MCC grade point average on a four-point grade scale to be eligible for award of a degree or certificate. Some degrees may require a higher grade point average.
Students must meet one or more of the following requirements:
- Complete 25% or more of the required credits at MCC and be enrolled anytime during the academic year of qualification for graduation.
- Complete 56 or more credits at MCC.
- Students pursuing occupational degree or certificate programs must complete a minimum of 25% of the required occupational credits at MCC.
Students participating in reverse transfer agreements, Active-duty military, their dependents, and Reservists and National Guard on active-duty are not required to be enrolled in the year of qualification for graduation.
You can participate in the MCC all-campus commencement if you have:
- Completed a degree/certificate in the fall semester of the previous year OR
- Applied for graduation and are on track to complete your required hours for a spring or summer degree/certificate