All-Campus Graduation Ceremony
7 p.m., Thursday, May 14
Download the graduation information packet.
301 West 13th Street,
Kansas City, Missouri
Municipal Auditorium occupies the block bounded by 13th, 14th, Wyandotte and Central streets. It is adjacent to Bartle Hall.
The main underground parking lot across the street from Municipal Auditorium has space for 1,000 vehicles ($7). There are 10 other public or private parking lots in the area, with prices ranging from $5 to $10 per car.
Degree and certificate graduation requirements
To graduate, you must:
- Have transcripts of all prior college work on file in the admissions/records office.
- Achieve a minimum MCC 2.0 GPA.
- Meet one of the following requirements:
- Complete at least 15 credit hours at MCC and be enrolled during the academic year
you qualify for a degree,
- Complete a minimum of 56 credit hours at MCC if you are not enrolled during the academic
year you qualify for a degree.
- Complete the credit hours required for your certificate or degree. Only courses numbered
100 or higher (or equivalent transfer courses) can be applied toward a degree or certificate.
- Complete a course covering federal and state constitutions as well as American history
and government. (If you transfer from an out-of-state school, check with an advisor
about this requirement.)
Academic Residency for Servicemembers
Metropolitan Community College limits residency requirements to no more than twenty-five
percent of the degree requirements for all degrees for active-duty servicemembers.
Academic residency can be completed at any time while active-duty servicemembers are
enrolled. Reservists and National Guardsmen on active-duty are covered in the same
You can participate in the MCC all-campus commencement if you have:
- Completed a degree/certificate in the fall semester of the previous year
- Applied for graduation and are on track to complete your required hours for a spring
or summer degree/certificate
The Class of 2015 includes graduates from the fall of 2014 and candidates for spring
and summer 2015 graduation.