We encourage you to complete your Student Center “TO DO” list by the priority dates. This is when our financial aid offices' high volume period starts.
Complete the Federal application for student financial aid.
Login to myMCCKC to check your financial aid status.
Contact the Educational Opportunity Center for help with your application or financial aid process.
3100 Main Street, Suite 100
Kansas City, Missouri 64111
Phone - 816.604.4400
Fax - 816.759.4416
Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Students who have earned A+ at their high school may be eligible to pay using the
A+ benefit. Follow these steps:
- Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). See details on the A+ financial aid tab.
- Enroll in classes. See these steps at mcckc.edu/GetStarted.
- Select "Pay by A+ benefit" as your Payment Option.
A temporary hold will be applied to your account so that you can complete the remaining
steps. To see your this hold, log into your myMCCKC account, and select the Student Center Home button. The HOLDS box is on the right.
- Request a final high school transcript with the official A+ stamp to be sent to MCC.
- For additional steps to complete your Financial Aid file, monitor the “To Do List”
on your Student Center Home page.
- Contact the campus business office to pay charges that are not covered by A+ before
the semester begins.
Priority dates for A+ students are the same as for all students and are listed in the chart below:
If you do not meet the Priority Dates above, you will be responsible for paying tuition and fees by the MCC fee deadline (Fall
is July 15; Spring is Dec. 15; Summer is May 15). You may receive a refund if you enroll and complete your financial aid and any MCC paperwork
by the final A+ deadline below:
Failure to meet these deadlines will result in loss of A+ benefit for the current
term of enrollment.
Know the limits of A+ :
A+ will not pay for a class (classes) if:
- You enroll after the final A+ deadline (Fall - Sept. 15; Spring - Feb. 15; Summer
- June 15).
- You are a returning student and your cumulative grade point average (GPA) is below
- You are repeating a class - either to change a grade (F, D, C, B, A) or because the
previous class was dropped after the 100% refund period.
- You have completed 105% of the hours requried for the program in which you are currently
- You have earned a certificate or degree.
- It has been more than 48 months since you graduated from high school.
- You did not successfully complete one or more courses for which A+ has paid; therefore,
your A+ benefits will be reduced by the cost of that course(s) not completed in the