Degree and Certificates Awarded
- Environmental Health & Safety Technology
Environmental health and safety technicians help protect people and the environment from exposure to hazardous materials, and protect workers from injury or illness.
- Environmental technicians deal with conservation of resources, pollution prevention, water and air quality and waste disposal concerns.
- Safety professionals conduct training and investigate accidents. They may manage emergency preparedness, audits and inspections, fire protection and regulatory compliance.
- They diagnose equipment problems through the analysis of test results, machine error messages and information obtained from operators
- Companies often hire one person to manage all of the above responsibilities.
Classes start every eight weeks. Our MCC-BTC campus is one of the premier places in the nation to get health and safety education. Part of your education includes interpreting and applying the U.S. Department of Transportation, the Occupational Health & Safety Administration and the Environmental Protection Agency regulations.
Our courses help you prepare for exams such as Certified Hazardous Materials Practitioner (CHMP), Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH), and Certified Hazardous Materials Management.
- Criminal Justice
- Energy Technology
- Electric Utility Line Technician
- Fire Science Technology
- Forensic Chemistry