Whatever your interests, the MCC-Longview Community Education Department has what you are looking for when it comes to education for enrichment and fun.
Whether it is finding life’s purpose, exploring the art of meditation, planning for retirement, or focusing on health and wellness, you can find that perfect class and instructor at MCC-Longview.
Search the wide variety of other classes offered by MCC-Longview on our classes page or download the Spring 2018 Community Education brochure (pdf).
Spring 2018 Features
- College for Kids during Spring Break week
- Fermentation 101 Series - Get the scoop on fermented foods and how they can boost your health
- Step into the spotlight with Theater Classes
- Beginning French for Travelers - learn to speak the Language of Love
- Perfect your posture and gain flexibility with the Barre Method
- Learn Adobe Lightroom for post processing and editing
- Retire and Travel Free - support your travel dreams and keep your retirement money in the bank
- Retro Video Games - revisit the golden age of video games, now in crystal clear HD
- Set yourself up for a retirement free from financial worry
- Stay up-to-date on technology learning Windows 10
- Introduction to 3-D Printing - learn how this technology is being put to use in different fields and make a project of your own
- It's all about the 'que!
One-on-One Computer Training
Get the attention you need on a computer project you choose. While the Community Education program offers group computer classes on many subjects, one-on-one lessons can be a better way to learn for some people. Select your topic and call to schedule your training. Some topics our instructor can assist with are:
- basic computer skills
- email basics
- software applications such as MS-Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access or Outlook
- navigating the internet
- completing a mail merge
- assistance with your iPad or other Apple device
- social media
- setting up a blog
There are many possibilities! All instruction will be in a computer lab on the MCC-Longview campus. Both day and evening sessions are available.
Note: Upon your initial inquiry, we will discuss your specific needs so that our instructor is prepared to work with you. We require each session to be a minimum of two hours, which we have found to be beneficial for both student and instructor. Two people may attend together, if they are interested in the same training. Fees for the sessions are payable in advance as follows:
- One person, 2-hour session: $100
- Two person, 2-hour session: $80 per hour, per person
Call the MCC-Longview Community Education office at 816.604.2030 for more information. Program information can be found here.
Mark your calendar for Saturday, April 21 and join us on the picturesque north lawn of MCC-Longview to usher in spring with this yearly celebration of kites. See awe-inspiring mega kites, power kites, stunt kites, and more, including the world’s largest windsock – three stories high and 200 feet long!
MCC-Longview Flights of Fancy welcomes community volunteers. If you or your organization are interested in volunteering at the event, please contact Leslie in the Community Education office at 816.604.2053.
Questions? Call 816.604.2030 for more information.
Click on the Classes tab (at left) to explore all of our class offerings this coming semester.
Browse our class offerings and enroll today!
We provide students of all ages with a wealth of opportunities for personal development, skills development, cultural enrichment and recreational enjoyment. Each semester hundreds of students enroll in our non-credit classes, which cover many interests and disciplines, including art, writing, technology, photography, music and more.