We respond to community educational needs with quality lifelong learning opportunities
through partnerships, programs and classes. We offer non-credit classes and events
for people of all ages.
To view all of our exciting learning and life fulfilling Fall-Winter 2013 class schedule
hit on classes link at the top of the page. See you in class soon.
Motorcycle Rider Instruction
The basic course is designed for the beginning motorcyclist and for people who want
to operate their motorcycles safely and efficiently. The experienced course addresses
the critical skills and knowledge needed for relatively low risk, on-street motorcycling.
Join us for the 14th Annual Storytelling Celebration, Nov. 6-10, 2013 sponsored by
MCC-Maple Woods. For more information please click here to learn more.
Introductory* Computer Classes
Besides low cost, MCC-Maple Woods provides nearby convenience, small classes and quality
instruction. Whether you are new to the wonderful world of computers, or just need
to brush up on your skills, the MCC-Maple Woods Community Education department can
help! learn more
We welcome you to join our students and staff and one or all of our community events.
Please join us. [learn more]
- September 26, 2013 2:30, MCC-Maple Woods Library – MW Book Discussion Group - Emily
Alone by Stewart O’Nan. Everyone who has read this book is invited to attend. For
more information contact the MCC-Maple Woods Library at 816/604-3080.
- Thursday, Sept 26 à Green Careers Fair We all want to do our part to save the planet...but
imagine if you got PAID to do it! Green Careers are exploding in Kansas City so come
find out more about the career paths and degree options in Environmental Studies and
Environmental Sciences. Employers will be on site to answer questions and discuss
internships. Student Center – 10am – 1:00pm
- September 28, 2013 – Homecoming RUBILK 4K (Run, Bike Walk) hosted by Anthropology
Club Run/walk 5k bike 10k to benefit the Whole Planet Foundation Saturday, Sept 28,
2013 8:30 AM Registration / 9:00 AM Start. $5.00 to register and enter drawing for
prizes. Meet at Lot 12 at Northland Human Services Center
All proceeds will be donated to the Whole Planet Foundation to help alleviate poverty
worldwide through MICROCREDIT. For more information on Whole Planet Foundation visit
wholeplanetfoundation.org. For event information contact Kathleen Fuller via email at Kathleen.email@example.com
- September 30- October 4, 2013 – 6th Annual Homecoming, for information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wednesday, Oct 2 Blood Drive Donate blood and save a life. Help us reach our goal
of 40 pints. Student Center 9am – 1pm
- October 1,8,15,22 & 29 – Matter of Balance workshops through Clay County Public Health
at the Riverside Community Center. Tuesdays noon-2:00pm
- October 25 & 26, 2013 – Haunted Barn, MCC-Maple Woods Vet Tech building. For more
information contact the Vet Tech Department at 816/604-3235
- Wednesday, Oct 30 à Celebrating Our Differences Sidewalk Art Show There is no better
way to display our differences and celebrate them than through visual art! Art students
will be assigned a square of the campus sidewalk to celebrate differences and the
world we all make up. To participate, contact email@example.com for criteria and sidewalk assignment info.
All Day (art will be left up through Friday Nov 1)
Campus Center Circle Sidewalk
- November 6-9, 2013 – 14th Annual Storytelling Celebration. For more information visit
our website at kcstorytelling.org
- November 14, 2013, 2:30, MCC-Maple Woods Library – MW Book Discussion Group – Outcasts
United: The Story of a Refugee Soccer Team That Changed a Town by Warren St. John.
Everyone who has read this book is invited to attend. For more information contact
the MCC-Maple Woods Library at 816/604-3080.
- December 3, 2013 – Brain Drain. For more information and to register call or email
Amy Boehm at 816/604-3210 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tuesday, Dec 3 Blood Drive Donate blood and save a life. Help us reach our goal of
25 pints. For more information call Campus Life and Leadership at email@example.com
MCC-Maple Woods offers a wide range of highly interactive non-credit courses that
you can take entirely over the Internet. All of our courses include expert instructors,
many of whom are nationally known authors. Our online courses are affordable, fun,
fast, convenient, and geared just for you.
Ready to explore our catalog? learn more
NOTE FOR MCC EMPLOYEES—Staff and Faculty
When registering for non-credit classes, follow the directions as if not an MCC employee,
and call the appropriate campus contact person. Payments, including MCC tuition fee
waiver forms, must be submitted to the business office at the campus hosting the non-credit
classes in which you are enrolling.
A signed copy of the tuition fee waiver request is to be sent to the contact person
at the hosting campus BEFORE being circulated for the administrative signatures; otherwise
the registration will not be processed in a timely manner.