In Case of Emergency: Dial 911
MCC Police Department
Campus Phone: 1200
Other Phone: 816.604.1200
City Police Department: 911
Fire Department: 911
Environmental Health & Safety
SDS for Emergencies contact
604.1124 or 604.1370
HAZMAT Response: 800.229.5252
NOTE: Respiratory protection should not be worn during any spill cleanup. If respiratory protection is required, then MCC will contract the cleanup.
In the event of a spill which:
- Involves a type or quantity of a chemical that does not pose an immediate risk to health;
- Does not involve chemical contamination to the body;
- Is less than 1 gallon;
- Is not very toxic; or
- Does not pose a fire hazard
Leave Spill Area.
- Evacuate employees and students from the immediate spill area and/or room.
- If possible, eliminate any fire hazard especially if spill is flammable or combustible - turn off burners, electrical equipment, etc.
Contact the MCC police department at 816.604.1200.
- Block off immediate spill area - close corridor doors, use lab carts, wastebaskets, etc. until MCC Police arrive.
- Alert others in adjacent areas of the chemical spill.
Instructors shall account for all students.
- Students may be released after all have been accounted for, students may be released.
Events that do not require extra response activities do not require notification of MCC police. A simple splash on hands can be cleaned with soap and water.
If the accident involves personal injury or chemical contamination: