Greetings! Thank you for taking the time to pursue your interests related to Metropolitan
Since our beginnings in 1969, we have been helping students achieve their goals. By
becoming a Longview Laker you are making the decision to immerse yourself in one of
the nation's most vibrant educational experiences. Here are just five reasons to consider
- Our faculty members are passionate educators who focus on providing the very best instruction to a diverse population. They understand
the need to design course offerings that are both intellectually stimulating and practically engaging. From our nationally
recognized Automotive Technology training program to our Writing Across the Curriculum
program, we are committed to helping students refine the skills needed for the 21st
- Our staff members are caring and knowledgeable professionals who are here to nurture a learning-centered environment. We work hard
to provide clear and timely information on campus, by phone and via the web. So whether
you are coming to campus for the first time or walking across the stage at graduation,
we will be available for you.
- Our students are among the best and brightest in the region. They are attracted to Longview for our educational reputation within
the local business community and among the nation’s top universities. They also excel
outside the classroom as leaders in over two dozen student organizations or on one of our three premier NJCAA sports teams.
- Our campus is accessible for the surrounding area, to include Southern Kansas City. It is nestled on the western
edge of the city of Lee’s Summit, adjacent to Longview Lake. The 146-acre space includes
a 60,000 square foot Recreation Complex, our Cultural Arts Center and sprawling green space where we host the Flights of
Fancy kite festival each spring.
- Our legacy is rich with examples of institutional success. In 2001, MCC-Longview was the first two-year institution to be selected as the Time
Magazine /The Princeton Review College of the Year. In 2005, the college was also
selected as a participant in the nationally recognized Foundations in Excellence project.
In 2013, the college was recognized for excellence in the community as Business of
the Year by the Lee’s Summit Chamber of Commerce.
We would be delighted to have you continue your journey at MCC-Longview. I’ll see
you around campus. Go Lakers!
Kirk A. Nooks, Ed.D.