FabLab membership now FREE for all MCC students and employees!
FabLab is a lab full of tools, technology, and training – what you can create there
In the FabLab, you can conceptualize, design, develop, fabricate, and test almost
anything. If you are an artist, engineer, tinkerer, inventor, student, or own a businesses,
the FabLab has the tools to make your craft better!
We boast six different prototyping technologies, three-dimensional scanning, metal
working, vacuum forming, an array of wood working equipment, a plasma cutter, welding
equipment, tubing bending and forming, as well as many other types of tools and technologies
including a fully capable CADD and three-dimensional modeling lab.
- Metalworking tools – MIG welder, pipe bender, manual lathe, manual mill
- Woodworking tools – compound mitre saw, planer, wood lathe, jointer, etc.
- Programmable/automated machinery – CNC plasma cutter, laser engraver, Prolight CNC
mill, mechanical arms, etc.
- Prototyping – 3-D printing, 3-D scanning, CAD software
- Hand tools – saws, drills, screw drivers, hammers, pliers, etc.
- Electronics – testing equipment, soldering station
- The Fablab is located in Technology Center, Room 239 at the MCC- Business & Technology
Campus. 1775 Universal Ave., Kansas City, MO 64120.
- It is open to all MCC students, MCC employees, students from other colleges, and the
community at large.
- FabLab is open Monday – Thursday 12:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m., Friday 11:00 a.m. - 4:00
p.m., and by special appointment.
In order to use the FabLab, you must attend an Orientation/Safety class, which will
cover general lab safety, tool and machine usage, and FabLab rules.
- Contact FabLab for additional information about membership, pricing, and safety policies.
To learn more about FabLab contact Lab Technician, Jen Dec at 816.604.5602. Check out our Google calendar below for upcoming events and activities.