Job preparation:Student Employment Services;
Project Hire - job bank
Base salary and job outlook
- Median wages (2008): $11.13 hourly, $23,150 annual
- Employment (2006): 1,220,000 employees
- Projected growth (2008): Faster than average (14% to 20%)
- Projected need (2006-2016): 382,000 additional employees
- Outside Maintenance Worker
- Grounds Worker
- Grounds/Maintenance Specialist
- Utility Worker
- Grounds Maintenance Worker
- Grounds Supervisor
- Dependability - Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Independence - Job requires
developing one's own ways of doing things, guiding oneself with little
or no supervision, and depending on oneself to get things done.
- Attention to Detail - Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Cooperation - Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured,
- Initiative - Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Self Control - Job requires
maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and
avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
- Persistence - Job requires persistence in the face of obstacles.
- Innovation - Job requires creativity and alternative thinking to develop new ideas for and answers
to work-related problems.
- Integrity - Job requires being honest and ethical.